Apex Legends Bangalore Guide – Tips & Abilities – Apex Legends combines the battle royale style of games like PUBG and Fortnite with the team based action first shooter style of a game like Overwatch. While Apex Legends doesn’t have the sheer diversity and volume of character choices that Overwatch does, it still comes with a decent selection of characters (legends) to choose from.
It should also be noted that Respawn has a ten year plan for Apex Legends and included in that plan is the cyclical addition of new characters. So far, no one could have expected Apex Legends to be as popular as it is. One of the most popular characters among the gaming community is Bangalore.
In team shooters with classes, soldiers and heavy hitters tend to be the most popular classes. Since Bangalore is classed as a soldier, it’s no surprise why she’s so popular. Gamers tend to choose the easiest or most familiar class to master.
Bangalore’s skill set is designed for the offensive. She not only appeals to players who plan on playing alone but she also works in synergy with a team. Furthermore, she’s pretty easy to understand and play with. So players should have no problem working with her in a tactical context.
Although Bangalore is one of the easiest Legends to play with, players may still be in search of some helpful tips to help them become true maestros. Once again, we’re here to help in your journey for true Bangalore mastery. Whether you’re an amateur who’s new to fast-paced FPS shooters or you’re a seasoned veteran, you could benefit from this guide. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Bangalore Bio and Character Information
- 2 Apex Legends Bangalore Guide & Abilities
- 3 Other Tips and Tricks – A short summary
- 4 Final Word
Bangalore Bio and Character Information
Favourite Moto: “Name the weapon–I’ll still beat you.”
Bangalore’s formal class designation is Professional Soldier.
Real Name: Anita Williams
“Born into a military family where she, her parents, and her four older brothers all served in the IMC Armed Forces, Bangalore has been an exceptional soldier since she was young. She was top of her class at the IMC Military Academy and the only cadet who could take apart a Peacekeeper, equip it with a Precision Choke hop-up, and put it back together in under twenty seconds – blindfolded.
Three years ago, Anita and her brother Jackson were ordered to retrieve a mercenary fleet from the Outlands to aid in the IMC’s fight against the Militia. However, their unit lost contact with IMC HQ and was ambushed on arrival. The squad scattered, but Jackson stayed behind to give his sister time to escape. Alone and with no way home, Anita put her training, extensive weapon knowledge, and competitive spirit to work by joining the Apex Games. Now, she fights to raise money for passage back to the IMC home base, where she hopes to reunite with what remains of her family.”
Voice Actor: Erica Luttrell
Erica Luttrell is a 37-year-old Canadian born actress known for her voice work in animated series such as The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants and Justice League Action. In terms of voice work in animated series and movies, she has had over 45 roles in 30 different titles.
Bangalore is not her first foray into voice work for video games. She has lent her voice to over fifteen characters in over ten titles. Her most notable voice work is in games like Diablo III, Fallout 4, Dishonoured 2 and Injustice 2. She has a decade of experience in voice work in the video game industry. In our opinion, Respawn could not have chosen anyone more talented or experienced to play Bangalore. She was a bang on choice.
Apex Legends Bangalore Guide & Abilities
1. Apex Legends Bangalore Guide – Passive Ability: Double Time
Taking fire while sprinting makes you move faster for a brief time.
Basically, this ability gives Bangalore a shot of adrenaline. If she takes any damage while she’s sprinting, she’ll gain a temporary speed boost. Much like real-world adrenaline and our fight or flight responses, this is designed to keep Bangalore alive (at least a little longer).
Moving targets are hard to shoot at and when they suddenly pick up a surprising burst of speed, this makes them even harder to kill. Which means that this passive is great for escaping danger and repositioning.
Alternatively, if you’re brave enough you can use it to decrease the distance between you and your enemy at an alarmingly rapid rate so you can go in for a surprise kill. This works especially well if your enemy is firing at you with a relatively weak weapon.
If you’re going to use this tactic, make sure you’ve equipped a weapon that will deal great damage in close quarter combat like a shotgun.
2. Apex Legends Bangalore Guide – Tactical Ability: Smoke Launcher
Fire a high-velocity smoke canister that explodes into a smoke wall on impact.
This ability allows Bangalore to fire a high-velocity smoke grenade that explodes into a smoke wall upon impact. It can be useful in both offensive and defensive scenarios.
A great use case scenario is firing the smoke canister in front of a downed ally. This will obscure your enemies’ eyesight while buying you enough time to revive your teammate.
Ever seen how in movies, magicians and ninjas escape a tricky situation by disappearing into a cloud of smoke? Well, Bangalore’s tactical ability can work in the same way if you use it wisely. If you’re caught in a particularly sticky situation. Use the smoke launcher to dispense a grenade that will help you get to cover and reposition your team. When the smoke launcher is paired with her passive ability, they make for a good defensive measure designed to keep Bangalore alive.
You have to be careful while using the Smoke Launcher while you’re engaged in an intense fight. Fighting against experienced players and using the smoke launcher could cost you because they can use it to their advantage.
If you’re trying to escape a sticky situation or play defensively, it is recommended that you launch a smoke canister as near to yourself as possible. Don’t shoot it towards the enemy. The objective is to mask your movements.
Digital Threat is a great attachment to use in unison with the Smoke Launcher. It allows you to highlight enemies through the smoke and make better strategic use of your smoke device.
3. Apex Legends Bangalore Guide – Ultimate Ability: Rolling Thunder
“Call in an artillery strike that slowly creeps across the landscape.”
Bangalore has one of the most devastating ultimate abilities in the game. Bangalore calls in an artillery strike that slowly crawly across the map.
Although it’s not instantaneous, this can be used to your advantage. You can almost use it as a trap. Bangalore issues this strike by throwing a flare on the ground. After a short delay, the artillery strike will land where the flare does.
When using Rolling Thunder you have to be careful of where you throw your grenade. Not only does it cause damage to your enemies but it can also harm you and your team. It’s best used to flush out opponents hiding under cover.
Rolling Thunder should be used strategically. Although it can inflict direct damage, it’s very easy to spot and dodge. So it should be used to force out enemies or put them in a panic when they’re in a tight area. You can basically use it to control the enemy teams positioning.
You’ll also notice when this ultimate goes off that there’s a ton of smoke and dirt kicked up. This can be really useful with a character like Bloodhound that can see enemies through smoke with their own ultimate. If you have a Legendary optic that will show targets that will also be useful.
Other Tips and Tricks – A short summary
This is a summary of the various other tips and tricks we’ve gathered while playing the game and scouring the internet. We’ve decided to place these tips in a bullet point list. This will make it easier to use and reference.
- Bangalore pairs extremely well with Bloodhound. If Bloodhound has their ultimate activated, you can throw down your smoke grenade on an enemy squad and let bloodhound go to town on them – kind of like a dog. Bloodhound can see people within the smoke as red outlines. He can also track their footsteps. This renders your enemies nearly powerless. It’s a really great strategic move.
- If you’re going to use Bangalore, make sure that you’re on the lookout for the Legendary Optics attachment, Digital Threat. We spoke about this earlier in the guide but we also thought it would be good to put it in this list, just in case you missed it. Digital Threat gives you the ability to highlight enemies which pairs extremely well with your ultimate and your smoke launcher. The attachment works for Shotguns, SMGs, Pistols and Sniper Rifles.
- Using your smoke launcher on an enemy and immediately following it up with your ultimate can be a potential way of landing your artillery strike directly on your enemies. Most of the time the ultimate is going to be used for zoning people out, but there will be instances where it has the potential to actually land.
- You can use your smoke launcher and ultimate from quite a bit of distance. There can be a tendency to think an area is too far away, but it’s worth checking if you can reach it or not.
- Smoke can be used to help obscure an area and allow you to revive a fallen teammate. If you see your teammate attempting to revive someone, you can also throw it on top of them for some cover. You can also do this on yourself when you are healing for extra protection.
- Due to her passive ability, Bangalore is kind of made for jumping in and out of the fray. She excels most when bouncing in and out of combat, so running shotguns or SMGs are probably Bangalore’s most sensible choices.
- If your enemy is using Bloodhound, the smoke from the smoke launcher will not be nearly as effective. Their ultimate will allow them to see you through it, and their primary ability can show your location.
Later in the game, you’ll need to be more careful with your smoke launcher because other players will likely have Legendary Optics that can see through it. It still can be used, but you don’t want to rely on sitting in it for cover. So you’ll need to use it sparingly or little more creatively.
- Generally, you don’t want to enter your smoke if you are using it on an offensive (or even on defense). Go around the smoke, most players will expect you to run through it but it obscures your vision as much as any other character’s.
- If a building has big enough gaps in its roof then Bangalore’s ultimate can land inside of it. This can be unexpected and potentially deal damage or flush out an enemy.
- While you are regenerating your shields, you can still fire off a smoke. This is nice if you were healing up and come under unexpected fire but don’t want to interrupt it.
Bangalore is one of the most straight forward Legends you’ll find in the game. She’s here to shoot and survive. That’s why she’s one of our favourites. You’d not be remiss in choosing her, we can guarantee that. If you have any opinions about Bangalore or want to share tips of your own, please leave a comment in the comment section. If you want to correct something or need any help, we’d love to hear from you. Consider this the comment’s box’s welcoming mat. We hope that you’ve enjoyed reading this article. As always, thank you for reading and happy gunning.
Toptenbiz Founder and an aspiring entrepreneur who keeps a close eye on open source, tech giants, and security. Get in touch with him by sending an email — firstname.lastname@example.org