Apex Legends Bloodhound Guide – Tips & Abilities – When Apex Legends found its way to unprecedented popularity upon its first week of release in February, detractors predicted that its adoration would be short-lived, especially with games like Anthem around the corner. They were wrong. While Apex Legends is still going strong, Anthem came out and it was a huge critical flop.
While Apex Legends doesn’t have as many choices in playable characters that Anthem does, it still provides gamers with an ample selection. Apex Legends’ developer, Respawn indicates that at least two more will be released by the end of the year (four if we’re lucky). So it’s worth sticking around to find out how these additions will change the game’s landscape.
For now, we need to focus on the characters that the game does have. Bloodhound seems to be one of the more interesting characters, if not one of the most useful ones in Apex Legends. While his appearance is reminiscent of Kabal from Mortal Kombat, his skill kit revolves around tracking and effectively locating enemies. He makes an excellent scout due to his ability to stalk enemies through an assortment of clues such as footprints.
Bloodhound’s tactical ability (Eye of the Allfather), reveals enemies and clues in a small circle around him while his ultimate, ‘Beast of the Hunt’, grants Bloodhound increased movement speed and turns his vision black-and-white while highlighting enemy Legends in red.
We’ll be talking about some of these abilities and more. If you’re going to use Bloodhound as your main legend and you need a few tips and pointers, you’ve come to the right place.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Bio and Character Information
- 2 Apex Legends Bloodhound Guide & Abilities
- 3 Other Tips and Tricks – A short summary
- 4 Final Word
Bio and Character Information
Favourite Moto: “I am the hunter the Gods have sent.”
Bloodhound’s formal class designation is Technological Tracker
“Bloodhound is known across the Outlands as one of the greatest game hunters the Frontier has ever seen – and that’s about all anyone knows. Their identity is a mystery wrapped in layers of rumors: they are fabulously wealthy, a bloodthirsty murderer, a Goliath whisperer, a former slave, half bat, and a dozen other things depending on who’s doing the whispering.
All anyone truly knows is that Bloodhound is a force to be reckoned with in the Apex Games. Bloodhound’s unparalleled tracking skills are a boon to any team they join, helping them root out hidden opponents and tracking the enemy’s movements. Calling on Earth’s Old Norse Gods to guide them, Bloodhound believes that destiny is a path that has already been laid out, eventually carrying all to their death. But with that knowledge comes strength, because until that day comes, Bloodhound knows they can’t be stopped.”
Real Name: Unknown
Home World: Unknown
Voice Actor: Allegra Clark
Yes, that’s right, Bloodhound’s voice actor (actress) is a woman. Allegra Clark is a Los Angeles-based trilingual actor and voiceover artist originally from New York City. After spending a childhood doing commercials and school plays in both French and English, Allegra studied theatre and Italian literature at Northwestern University, where she realized her knack for voice and accent work. Since then, she has worked on a number of different voiceover projects, including animation, video games, ADR, and commercials.
Some of her most notable work includes voice acting for Fate/Apocrypha, Sword Art Online: Alternative Gun Gale Online and B: The Beginning. Besides, Apex Legends she has also done very extensive voice work for other AA game titles such as World of Warcraft, Mass Effect: Andromeda and Dragon Age: Inquisition.
Apex Legends Bloodhound Guide & Abilities
1. Apex Legends Bloodhound Guide – Passive Ability: Tracker
See tracks left behind by your foes.
This is quite an interesting ability and can be used to track down fleeing enemies or to check if an area is safe. It will show you small clues like blood from a wounded player, where a player recently died, what weapon was used to kill them, bullet casings, footsteps, recently open doors and other Batman like detective clues.
In the game, it works by putting icons on your hub which indicate the nearby presence of an enemy player. What’s even more useful is that your teammates can actually see these icons as well and help you to close down on a kill or just avoid imminent danger.
This makes Bloodhound an essential Legend for any team. There’s not much we can say about this passive ability in terms of tips or tricks. Just stay vigilant and keep a close eye on your HUD and environment. In other words, just stay frosty.
2. Apex Legends Bloodhound Guide – Tactical Ability: Eye of the Allfather
Briefly reveal hidden enemies, traps, and clues throughout structures in front of you.
Bloodhound’s tactical ability allows him/her to send out a ghost-like radar pulse which illuminates enemies in a small radius around him. You can use it to check areas for possible enemies or get an idea of how your enemies are spread out within a building.
The best thing about it, is targets that are picked up are impeded or protected by environmental obstacles like walls. This ensures that targets will remain in Bloodhound’s sight even when they think they are safe.
Much like Bloodhound’s tracker ability, Bloodhound’s teammates, it’s a shared ability. Your allies can also see the outline which provides a huge tactical boost if used right.
You need to use this ability responsibly though. Don’t use it just because it’s on cooldown. It’s best saved for situations that will grant you a possible tactical edge.
For example, if you’re about to enter a building, we advise that you use this ability before entering. If there are any enemy players lurking about, this will give you a clue about their position and possibly how many enemies are in the building.
Be careful though, their positions may have since changed before you entered the building, so once again, remember to stay frosty.
3. Apex Legends Bloodhound Guide – Ultimate : Beast of the Hunt
Enhances your senses, allowing you to move faster and highlighting your prey.
This ability grants Bloodhound to move nearly twice as fast and puts a trail on the ground that allows you to track any enemy targets down and catch them by surprise. So it basically heightens your movements and senses.
However, it doesn’t leave you invulnerable to any damage, so while you’re tracking your enemies, you have to do it wisely. You don’t want to go gung-ho and end up in a trap.
A great way to use this ability is to flank and quickly catch your enemies by surprise in a gunfight. The ability only lasts for 35 seconds.
You don’t have to use it offensively though. If you find yourself in a tight spot, you might be better off using it to escape or catch a quick break before plunging back into a fight.
Enemies will be highlighted in red, you will be able to see them through smoke walls and other potential abilities that obscure vision. This does not allow you to see enemies through walls, so be careful in tight quarters because you could be surprised still. Recent footsteps will also be highlighted in red, so you can track them down if they evade you.
It’s worth cooperating with your teammates when activating this ability, so they can work on any stragglers while you continue to pressure the enemy team as a whole.
Other Tips and Tricks – A short summary
This is a summary of the various other tips and tricks we’ve gathered while playing the game and scouring the internet. We’ve decided to place these tips in a bullet point list. This will make it easier to use and reference.
- Bloodhound can work very well with shotguns such as the Peacekeeper. If you are an aggressive player then the Beast of the Hunt ultimate works well with this play-style and you can run in and shotgun people down. This is a risky way to play, but the ultimate combined with the heavy damage of the shotgun work well together.
- Your tactical ability while potentially revealing enemies also reveals you as well. The orange radar light that emits from the ability is seen by everyone, so they will know when they’ve been spotted and will know you are nearby. If you are trying to remain hidden, don’t use the ability.
- Keep a close eye on the clues you’ll find on the ground. While they mostly identify enemy movements, you can learn what kind of weapon has been used by checking the spent casings or what was used to eliminate a player. Knowing what type of weaponry you are up against may alter your play-style.
- Try to use your ultimate a little bit further away from your enemy than you would think. It lasts quite a while and you can cover a ton of ground before they realize you are on top of them. This gives you nice flanking opportunities.
- You are best paired with a character that can obscure the environment. You have a huge advantage with your ultimate and tactical ability in being able to see through smoke or poison. Bangalore, in particular, is good and has the ability to launch smoke, and Caustic has gas that makes it harder to see. Gibraltar can also work because his ultimate bombards an area and kicks up a ton of dust.
- Always remember that Eye of the Allfather shows an enemy’s last location and not their current location. It’s easy to assume someone will be right where the yellow outline is only for them to have moved and catch you off-guard.
- Use your pings as much as possible! This is good to do with all characters, but it’s even more important with Bloodhound whose main utility is tracking the enemy.
There seems to be some confusion regarding Bloodhound’s gender. S/he seems to be a bit genderally ambiguous like Frieza from Dragon Ball Z. According to Allegra Clark, Bloodhound’s voice actress, she’s actually non-binary. So Bloodhound’s correct pronoun is they or Xer. Just a little trivia for you to close out the article. I know that some readers don’t like gender and identity politics to taint their gaming experiences but we live in a shifting society. If you’d like to express your ire or share any opinions of your own regarding the Bloodhound and the game, please leave a comment in the comment section. As always, thank you for reading this article and happy hunting.
Toptenbiz Founder and an aspiring entrepreneur who keeps a close eye on open source, tech giants, and security. Get in touch with him by sending an email — firstname.lastname@example.org