Apex Legends Pathfinder Guide – Tips & Abilities – One of Apex Legends greatest appeals is its selection of characters, known as Legends. The game gives you a choice between eight legends. Two of these are locked and can be unlocked by purchasing them with Apex Coins or Legend Tokens.
Surprisingly, one of the most popular characters in the game is Pathfinder. Surprisingly, because his passive ability is a bit weak, which makes him quite combatively weaker than his counterparts.
What drives his appeal is probably his mobility and ability to get into areas that most of the other Legends can’t. Players might select him for tactical reasons. For instance, his grappling hook ability gives him the ability to quickly pull himself out of danger when things get too hot. It should be noted that this ability can be used not just for deserting your allies but you can also use it to gain momentum and traverse great distances quite quickly. This means you can get into the action quicker if your teammates need you.
His ultimate allows him to get to hard to reach areas. This can be used to help his team set up a parameter and dominate the high ground. Although he can be a bit weak combatively, this does not necessarily make him useless. He makes an awesome scout and surveyor.
So we intended this guide to be an in-depth study of all his abilities while providing some handy tips to help you strategize his usage. If you’re going to choose Pathfinder as your Legend, you can use this guide as a reference. Without further dilly-dallying, let’s get started!
Table Of Contents
- 1 Pathfinder Bio and Character Information
- 2 Apex Legends Pathfinder Guide & Abilities
- 3 Other Pathfinder Tips and Tricks
- 4 Final Word
Pathfinder Bio and Character Information
Favourite Moto: “Losing isn’t’ fun. That’s why I don’t’ do it.”
Pathfinder’s formal class designation is Forward Scout.
“Pathfinder is the picture of optimism, despite his circumstances. An MRVN (Mobile Robotic Versatile eNtity) modified to specialize in location scouting and surveying, he booted up decades ago in an abandoned laboratory with no idea who created him or why. With only his MRVN designation to hint at his identity, Pathfinder set off in search of his creator.
Pathfinder has learned much in his travels since then (like how to make a mean Eastern Leviathan Stew) but hasn’t come any closer to finding his creator. Still, he’s never given up hope, and has joined the Apex Games to gain a following–and hopefully draw the attention of his maker. In the meantime, he remains enthusiastic and helpful, always ready to make new friends (then shoot them).”
Voice Actor: Chris Edgerly
Apex Legends Pathfinder Guide & Abilities
1. Apex Legends Pathfinder Guide – Tactical Ability: Grappling Hook
This ability allows Pathfinder to fire off a short a short ranged grappling hook which will latch onto a surface and reel you in. It’s not dissimilar to Batman’s grappling hook.
This ability is the key to mastering Pathfinder. It should be noted that this ability doesn’t just let you fly off to where you land the hook. It’s more like a swing and you can generate a load of momentum if you actually disengage from it while thrusting forward.
It’s great for repositioning and keeping your enemies guessing. But it’s also great for traversing and traveling through the map quite quickly. It can also give you an advantage over your enemies when it comes to looting.
The grappling hook is great for gaining the high ground and if you’ve watched Star Wars Episode III, you know just how useful the high ground can be. You can use it to quickly scale buildings and take a sniper position. This will allow you to rain down bullets and surprise enemy players.
The grappling hook can be used for a quick escape and survival tactic when things get too hot. It can also be used to make a faux retreat and full your enemies into thinking that you’ve retreated when really you’ve just flanked around them to catch them by surprise.
Pathfinder’s grappling hook gives him the ability to reposition himself quickly. This makes him a hard target to shoot and an unpredictable and dangerous adversary. We suggest that you ping off the grappling hook in short bursts like Spiderman. Release the hook mid-flight and shoot of another one as soon as you can. Use this to keep your enemies guessing and as a way to seek a little reprieve mid-fight. Using this method, you can basically turn Pathfinder into a ninja.
You can also land grapple on an enemy to reel yourself towards them for a close quarter kill. You need to use this method sparingly because it could quite easily go awry if you miss or face an enemy with quicker reflexes than you. If it lands successfully, this could be a great tool for surprising your enemies.
2. Apex Legends Pathfinder Guide : Passive Ability – Insider Knowledge
There are numerous survey beacons scattered around Kings Canyon. If you’re familiar with the way rings and matches work in PUBG, you’ll be familiar with the way rings and matches work in Apex Legends.
Pathfinder’s passive ability gives him the power to hack into survey beacons and determine where the next ring will shrink down to. It’s not really useful in a battle and it’s not really worth going out of your way to find a survey beacon to hack.
3. Apex Legends Pathfinder Guide : Ultimate Ability – Zipline Gun
The Zipline Gun is very similar to the grappling gun but it has a longer range and your entire team can use it.
Pathfinder’s ultimate ability allows him to create a zip line which you and your teammates can use to move between points at speed. This makes Pathfinder a great team player. You can reposition and save your entire team with just this one tool.
It’s also great for traveling in general. You can use it to ambush an enemy team, especially when the enemy team is unaware of your position. In one instance, one of your teammates can create a distraction while the other members of your side use the zip-line to flank them quickly and surprise them from behind. You can also shoot while you’re zipping across the line. It’s a great way of getting headshots while swooping over your enemy’s head.
What’s great about the zip line is you don’t need to use it immediately. You can just deploy it and leave it there in case of an emergency. It’s a great way to open up options and strategize. Do not use it sparingly. Fire it off as soon as you can. If you’re not happy with where you’ve fired it, it’s okay, it’s not the end of the world, you can wait for it to recharge and fire off another.
Also Read : Apex Legends Best Characters Classes & Guide
Other Pathfinder Tips and Tricks
This is a summary of some of the other tips and tricks we’ve discovered while playing the game as well as scouring the internet.
- While Pathfinder’s ability is similar to Widowmaker’s from Overwatch, it should not be used the same. Rather than being directly pulled in the direction of the hook, you can use the point of contact as a pivot point to swing and gather momentum. You can then disengage from it so you can use that momentum to burst forward.
- You swing in the direction you are facing, use this to whip around a tree or other objects, kind of like Tarzan swinging around trees.
- Although the ability isn’t the same as Widow, you still make an effective sniper. You can hook over to high areas and use that advantage to get easy shots on enemies. Once you are in trouble, you can hook yourself away from danger.
- You can land your grapple on an enemy and pull them towards you! This has some limited usage, but it would be quite good to bring them closer to you while using a shotgun.
- If you’re in a high area or you think you’ll be heading down in a certain direction, it can be a good idea to set up the zip line prior to when you need it. The zip line lasts the entire match, so you won’t have to worry about it disappearing. Doing this also makes it so you don’t have to place it while you are in a panic during a fight.
- When on a zip line you can switch direction if you jump and turn the other direction. Ziplines can send you either up or down them, don’t worry about if they are tilted dominantly in one direction.
- You can fire your weapon while on the zip line, so don’t just travel on it like a sitting duck. If you are ziplining above enemies then consider throwing down grenades on top of them.
There you have it. Remember that this is a living, breathing article. So if we find more tips, expect an updated version of this article to appear in the game. Hopefully, if you’re a Pathfinder fan, you’ve found this article to be helpful. If you have any tips of your own, be a team player like Pathfinder and leave them in the comment section. As always, thank you for reading and happy ziplining.
Toptenbiz Founder and an aspiring entrepreneur who keeps a close eye on open source, tech giants, and security. Get in touch with him by sending an email — email@example.com