Apex Legends Wraith Guide – Tips & Abilities – Apex Legends has an ample choice of characters to choose from. It’s probably one of the reasons why it’s so popular. Different Legends have different classes which means they give you access to different playing styles.
If you’re an emo loner who likes a more stealthy and subtle approach, then you’ll surely gravitate to Wraith. Even if you don’t’ fit this stereotype, Wraith is a pretty kick-ass Legend. It’s no wonder why she’s so popular among the Apex Legend player community.
Wraith is a great character to choose if you’re going to play alone. She can also fit the role of a trickster and create diversions with her various abilities. She might not be the best character to choose for amateurs but once you master and understand how she can be used, you’ll be nearly unstoppable. After all, one of the first few steps of overcoming any game is understanding your character. Your character is the tool you use to interact with the in-game world.
If Wraith is your preferred tool then this article will help you become proficient with her as your Legend. Hopefully, with the help of this article, you can learn how to warp your way into victory.
Must Read : Guide To Get Free Apex Coins
Table Of Contents
- 1 Apex Legends Wraith Guide : Bio and Character Information
- 2 Apex Legends Wraith Guide & Abilities
- 3 Passive Ability: Voices from the Void
- 4 Apex Legends Wraith Guide : Tactical Ability – Into the Void
- 5 Apex Legends Wraith Guide : Ultimate Ability – Dimensional Rift
- 6 Other Wraith Tips and Tricks
- 7 Final Word
Apex Legends Wraith Guide : Bio and Character Information
Favourite Moto: “There’s a thin line between life and death. You’ll find me there.”
Wraith’s formal class designation is Interdimensional Skirmisher
“Wraith is a whirlwind fighter, able to execute swift and deadly attacks and manipulate spacetime by opening rifts in the fabric of reality — but she has no idea how she got that way. Years ago, she woke up in an IMC Detention Facility for the Mentally Ill with no memory of her life before. She also began hearing a distant voice whispering in her mind that would keep her awake for days on end. Despite nearly driving her insane, once she started to listen and trust it, the voice helped her harness her newfound power of void manipulation and escape the facility.
Determined to uncover her true identity, Wraith began a quest to find out more about the experiments. Many of the old research facilities, however, are buried beneath heavily guarded arenas used for the Apex Games. Now Wraith has joined the competition, and with every match, she gets closer to the truth.”
Voice Actor: Shantel VanSanten
Shantel VanSanten is an American model and actress. As a model, she has been featured in the magazines Teen Vogue and Seventeen. On television, she played the role of Quinn James in the CW teen drama series One Tree Hill recurred as Detective Patty Spivot in the CW show The Flash, and stars as Julie Swagger the wife of lead character Bob Lee Swagger on the USA Network series Shooter. On film, she has appeared in The Final Destination, You and I, and Something Wicked. Wraith is her first notable foray into voice work. We have to say, she doesn’t do a bad job at it.
Apex Legends Wraith Guide & Abilities
What makes Wraith extra special is that she is currently the only legend with an Heirloom set. You may be wondering what is an Heirloom? Well, it is a specific rare bonus set that can be found in an Apex Pack. Heirloom sets do not consume an entire pack, you get them as a bonus. Additionally, they cannot be crafted with Crafting Metals and you can only find them in packs. According to Apex Legends FAQ:
“Apex Legends currently has one bonus Heirloom Set available, which contains three items for Wraith. When a player opens an Apex Pack, there is a <1% probability of an Heirloom Set dropping. Heirloom Set drops do not deduct an Apex Pack from your inventory. Heirloom Sets cannot be crafted with Crafting Metals. A player cannot open more than 500 Apex Packs without receiving an Heirloom set (assuming the player does not own all of the available Heirloom Sets). Once a player owns all of the Heirloom Sets, the player will not be eligible for this bonus until more Heirloom Sets are added to the game.”
Passive Ability: Voices from the Void
“A voice warns you when danger approaches. As far as you can tell, it’s on your side.”
Wraith’s passive works like a spidey-sense. When an enemy is near or has their sights aimed at her, voices will start chattering in her head to indicate that she is the presence of near and imminent danger.
It’s a bit similar to Bloodhound’s ability but it only alerts Wraith. If you want to use it to full effect, you’ll have to inform your team that there’s a nearby and present danger. This is what makes Wraith a good scout. She can scout ahead and sense if there is any danger in an area before alerting her teammates.
The best way to use Wraith is with headphones and a microphone. You need to be able to relay information quickly while being hyper-vigilant.
Also Read : Apex Legends Best Characters & Their Abilities
Apex Legends Wraith Guide : Tactical Ability – Into the Void
“Reposition quickly through the safety of void space, avoiding all damage.”
When this ability is activated, Wraith turns invisible and her movements are quickened. A major downside of this ability is that once it’s activated, you won’t be able to see other players. You need to make sure that you’re aware of your environment and surroundings before you use it. It’s a great ability for flanking and catching your opponents off guard.
You have to remember that while you have this ability activated, you’re basically phasing so you can’t shoot or see your enemies. You need to be sure of where you’re going before you go there or you might end up appearing in the middle of an ambush.
It’s great for escaping but it’s a little trickier to use for attacks. You need to be able to predict your enemy’s movements in order to use this ability effectively if you’re going to use it for offensive measures.
If you’re going to use it for an attack, we recommend that you collaborate with your teammates via pings and voice communications to perform a properly choreographed offense. Otherwise, it’s a great tool to use to make an emergency escape when you’re caught in an overwhelming firefight.
This ability can also be used if you’re caught outside the circle. It will help you catch a break from damage and it could offer just enough protection to get you across the line and into safety without going down.
Apex Legends Wraith Guide : Ultimate Ability – Dimensional Rift
“Link two locations with portals for 60 seconds, allowing your entire team to use them.”
Wraith has the ability to manipulate space and time. With her ultimate ability, she can create two portals – one for entry and the other for exit. They can be used interchangeably. Your entire team can use the portal as well as the enemy team too.
You can use these portals for a quick escape. If you’re smart, you can also use them to bait your enemies and lay a trap for them.
You can also use it for reviving your teammates safely. You can set up a portal before reviving them and have them jump into the portal and travel to a safer area after they have been revived.
We also advise you to set up your portals prior to a firefight. You can either set up a portal on the high ground so you can jump in and out of a battle, or you can flank to the side of your enemy and place the portal so your teammates can jump in it and attack. This portal can be placed pretty far from where you start, so try to stay behind cover or not in the open as much as possible.
Dimensional Rift can be a useful tool to help teammates close the distance. For instance, if an ally is healing or recharging their shields, but you and another teammate are running towards engagement in the distance, drop a rift between these two positions and once your ally has healed up they can get back into the fight much faster.
Other Wraith Tips and Tricks
This is a summary of a few miscellaneous tips and tricks we’ve discovered while scouring the internet as well as playing the game.
- It’s important to remember that when you use the tactical ability you aren’t exactly invisible. You are invulnerable, so it can be used as an escape, but you will really need to focus on heading towards cover or your team for support. Any player that saw you will be able to follow your movement by watching your trail and light you up when you phase back from the void.
- The tactical ability protects from any damage from the zone.
- You cannot see enemies or teammates while using your tactical or within the rift. You will occasionally see shadows of what appears to be players, but that’s just cosmetic and doesn’t actually represent anyone in the game.
- Your downed teammates can still use your Dimensional Rift, so this can be used sometimes to get a fallen team member out of the fray for a revive.
- If you are using you are running with your rift, you can hit your tactical ability to run even faster and cover more ground with it.
- The Dimensional Rift ability is one of the fastest movement abilities in the game. If you are trying to cover a lot of ground, it’s worth burning it just for the additional speed.
- The placed portal will remain for a total of 60 seconds.
- You can’t jump on a zip line while engaged in the placement of a portal. It would’ve been nice to speedily get further using it, but it will not work, unfortunately.
- This should go without saying but you can’t enter a portal while using your tactical ability.
- If your rift energy runs out you will automatically just place the portal, so don’t be scared of not getting to place an exit.
- Using the rift to escape can be useful, but keep in mind that your enemies can use it as well. This can be good for you at times if you jump into the rift and immediately turn around to land shots on an enemy that follows you. This can also be bad because if you placed it behind your team you will need to watch it for the duration so the enemy doesn’t use it as a flank.
- You can get really crafty with the rift if you can aim it off the map. If an enemy runs through, they might just run themselves out of bounds and be eliminated. This can be tough to do properly because you might end up accidentally launching yourself off the cliff.
This is one of the most in-depth Wraith guides you’ll find on the internet but expect it to change. As we play the game, we’ll be sure to discover a few more tips and tricks. In terms of lifespan, the game is still pretty much in its infancy and you know that the developers will be adding in additional features. This means that Wraith’s context within the game will also change quite a bit. So you can expect an updated version of this guide to appear on the site. We hope that you have found this article to be helpful. If you have any tips of your own, please use the comment section below. As always, thank you for reading and happy phasing.
Toptenbiz Founder and an aspiring entrepreneur who keeps a close eye on open source, tech giants, and security. Get in touch with him by sending an email — firstname.lastname@example.org