PUBG Optimization Tips – Best Settings for PUBG to Boost FPS – If you’re just getting familiarized with PlayerUnkown’s Battlegrounds, it’s an online battle royale game available on the PC, PS4, Xbox One, Android and iOS phones. It has garnered extreme popularity since its initial release in 2017, especially among PC gamers.
A key advantage of PC gaming is you can tweak and modify your settings to get the best out of a game. Sometimes this can be a con, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing. You never truly know if you’re squeezing out all the power your rig has to offer. That’s why we’re here to give you helpful tips and tricks to get you the best settings for PUBG (PUBG Optimization).
Table Of Contents
PUBG Optimization For Graphics
What follows are steps to optimize your graphics card settings to get a higher FPS. This is strictly for NVidia cards.
NVidia Graphics Card Settings
- Open your NVidia Control Panel and select “Manage 3D settings”.
- Select the “Program Settings” Tab, then find the game in the drop-down If you can’t find it in the drop-down box, you might have to add it. You can do this by clicking on the “Add” button and browsing to where the game is located in your file system.
- Once that’s done, you need to set the Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1.
- Adjust the Monitor Technology to G-SYNC if the option is available to you.
- Set Power Management Mode to “Prefer maximum performance”.
- Adjust Multi-Display/Mixed-GPU Acceleration to “Single display performance mode”.
- Disable Vertical Sync (V-sync)
- Enable Threaded Optimization
- Adjust Preferred Refresh Rate to the Highest available.
PUBG in-game Graphics Settings
Now that you’re done optimizing your settings for your graphics card, we need to find the best PUBG graphics settings in the game. These settings are intended for users who have mid to low level graphics cards.
- Adjust everything to Very Low and View Distance to Low. You can leave the Texture as is or you can set it to anything you like but we recommend that you set it to Medium, especially if you’re using a mid-range card.
- Adjust Screen Scale to 100.
- Disable Motion Blur
- Disable V-SYNC
Gameplay Key Input Settings in PUBG
Not only are we giving you tips on how to optimize PUBG graphics and FPS, but we’re also giving you tips that will help you play the game better.
Set Peek to either Toggle or DoubleTap.
If you’re using your keyboard to play, holding Q/E while shooting and moving can be particularly difficult. Changing this to Toggle or DoubleTap let you focus more on moving and aiming down your target, making these settings more desirable.
Gameplay UI Settings in PUBG
Set the Inventory Screen Character Render to “Off”
This will improve inventory loading time and overall game performance.
Optimizing Discord (PUBG Optimization)
If you use Discord, you need to ensure that you’re using the best PUBG settings for it. Discord can actually hinder your game performance, so you need to make sure that it’s optimized.
- Open Discord and go to the User Settings
- Open the Appearance tab and uncheck Hardware Acceleration.
This will help boost your FPS in PUBG.
Optimizing Google Chrome
We all know by now that Chrome can be a resource hog. Sometimes when we try to close Chrome, it doesn’t actually close fully. There are background chrome tasks that are still running. We can open task manager, find them and manually close them by killing each Chrome process. We can also actually reduce Chrome’s impact on system resources by turning off hardware acceleration.
This ensures that background applications executed by Chrome do not consume too many resources while you’re playing. It will increase your FPS as this can be the best PUBG optimization you can do.
- Open Google Chrome and go to the Settings
- Scroll all the way down and click on the Advanced
- Under the Advanced tab, scroll all the way to the bottom and find Use hardware acceleration when available. Make sure that it is turned off.
- Re-launch Google Chrome and close it again.
Clean Your Temporary Files
Sometimes leftover and useless temporary files and folders can take up too many resources and slow down your computer significantly. That’s why it’s important to clean up your temporary folder from time to time. To achieve this, you need to follow these steps:
- Open run and type in %temp% and then press enter. You can also click on start and search for that command and press enter. This will take you to the Temp folder.
- Select all the files and folders in the temp directory by pressing Ctrl + A on your keyboard.
- Press Shift + Delete on your keyboard and then press enter when prompted to. This will permanently delete all files and folders in the Temp directory. You may have to skip the ones that it can’t delete. They may still be in use by some of the processes running on your computer.
After you’re done optimizing PUBG, restart your PC.
If you follow all these steps closely and carefully, your computer should be optimized to play PUBG. If you need any assistance with the steps, please leave a comment in the comment section below and we’ll try to clarify anything you may be having trouble with. I hope you’ve found this article to be helpful. Please take the time to peruse through the rest of the site and read some of our other content. It would be appreciated. As always, thank you for reading.
Toptenbiz Founder and an aspiring entrepreneur who keeps a close eye on open source, tech giants, and security. Get in touch with him by sending an email — email@example.com