How To Download All Photos From iCloud To Mac/Windows PC – It’s surprising how popular cloud storage is at the moment. Off location storage has always been great for sharing files and occasionally backing up data and information. But most people and companies have always considered it a bit risky. Users have always been a little insecure about storing their files on iCloud, especially if you consider the huge controversial celebrity leak of 2014 (dubbed the “fappening” among other names). Apple has ensured and assured that it will never happen again, and it hasn’t happened again since.
Either way, it’s still important to have offline versions of your most treasured photos and files. Just so you have multiple copies of them or just in case you want to migrate from iOS to Android. iCloud is a great way of actually sharing your photos with yourself. Instead of using a lightning cable to transfer your files from your phone or tablet to your computer, you can simply upload the file to the iCloud and download it from there to your PC or Mac. First, you need to know how to do that, right? We’re here to show you how.
1. How to download iCloud photos on Windows PC
- Firstly we need to download iCloud for Windows. For this step, you need a web browser. Open your web browser and navigate to the iCloud for Windows page. On this page you’ll see a large download button, click on it and then this will download the application.
- As soon as it’s done downloading, open the installation file to begin the setup process. Accept the license agreement, follow the prompts as all standard installations require to do and restart your computer if necessary.
- Once you run the iCloud application for the first time, it will ask you for your iCloud Account credentials. Enter in your Apple ID and Password.
- You will then be asked if you want to share usage information with Apple or not. The decision is up to you.
- The next screen will allow you to select which items to sync. Click on the “Options” button next to Photos.
- On the options screen, ensure that you iCloud Photo Library checked. You can also optionally sync your Photostream. This screen also allows you to dictate which folders you want to upload and download from. Once you’re done customizing your settings, click on the done button.
- This will take you back to iCloud’s main screen. Click on “Apply”. iCloud will begin the process of syncing all your data (or at least all the data you checked in the previous screen).
- Next, you need to navigate to iCloud Photos using your Windows File Explorer. Or you can simply type it (“iCloud Photos”) into the Start search bar and press enter when you find it. The iCloud Photos gives you two sub-folders, download and upload. You’ll find all your downloaded photos in the download folder.
2. How to download iCloud photos on Mac
- Run the Photos app on your Mac
- Select preferences under the Photos menu item
- Under preferences, click on the iCloud button. If this is your first time using the Photos application on your Mac, you might have to sign in to your iCloud account.
- Ensure that the “Download Originals to this Mac” option is enabled.
- Close preferences and then navigate to your photo albums. You should find your photos from your iCloud account there.
- You can choose to select them all or individually. Once you’re done selecting which pictures you want to download, select Export, under the file menu. You can choose to export your unmodified originals or choose to export your edited versions (if you have any). Exporting the edited versions will give you an option to choose which quality you want to export your pics in. Higher is probably always better.
3. How to download photos from the iCloud website
- Using your computer’s web browser, go to iCloud.com and log in using your credentials (Apple ID and Password)
- Once you’ve logged in, you will see a set of folders and options. Select the Photos This will give you access to all your photos stored on iCloud.
- Once you have the iCloud Photos Folder open, click on the “Select Photos” link.
- This should allow you to select which photos you want to download. Once, you’re satisfied with your selection, you can click on the download button, which is located near the cloud icon.
There you have it! After reading this article, I hope you now know how to download all photos from iCloud. An additional method that you may find useful is using a third party application to download photos from iCloud to PC. The problem is most of them may cost money or aren’t really effective.
Why should you waste your time installing additional software when you can simply pluck your files from your iCloud account with the use of nothing but your web browser or the proprietary application? Either way, I hope you’ve found this article to be helpful. If you’d like to point out any errors on our side or would like to share your iCloud experience with us, don’t hesitate to leave a comment in the comment section. As always, thank you for taking the time out of your day to read.
Read Next >> How To Take A Screenshot On Mac?